What is Rat-bite Fever?
Rat-bite fever is an acute, febrile human disease caused by bacteria infected by rodents, in most cases, which is passed from rodent to human from rodent to urinary or mucous secretion from rodent. Alternative names for rat-biting fever include streptobacillary fever, streptobacillosis, spiral fever, boger, and epidemic arthritis erythema.
This is a rare disease which is spread by infected rodents and can be caused by two specific types of bacteria. Most cases occur in Japan, but specific strains of illness exist in the United States, Europe, Australia and Africa. Some cases are diagnosed when patients are diagnosed after contact with the secretion of urine or physically infected animals. These secretions can come from the mouth of the rodent, nose or eyes.
In connection with these animals, domestic pets like dogs or cats can also get sick and can infect humans. If a person is cut by rodent, it is important to wash and clean the wound area quickly with an antiseptic solution to reduce the risk of infection.
• Rat bite fever is a disease due to infection with one of two different types of bacteria: O Streptobacillus moniliformis (in North America) O Spiralm minus (in Asia).
• These bacteria are found in the mouth, nose And the respiratory tract of rodent (especially the rat).
• People can get infected after handling Rodents who take these bacteria in particular When there are bites or scratches.
• Mite fever is sometimes called Haverhill Fever, Epidemic Arthritis, Spiral fever or Sodom (in Asia).
• Rat rat fever can be serious, immediately Treatment can help prevent serious illness.
How does Rat-bite Fever?
• People are usually infected through bites or scratches Rodent Even minor bites can cause bacterial transmission.
• Infections can occur even after other close contact with such rodentsTo kiss or share food with a rat, or allow smells or licks to the rat Another area of an open cut or broken skin
• Consumption of food or drink which has become contaminated The result of factor bacteria (eg unexpected milk) can also be in one form Rat-biting fever called Haverhill fever
• Mite fever can not be transmitted from one person to another.
What is the reason for Rat-bite fever?
Two types of gm-negative, faculty can cause anaerobic bacteria infection. Spirillosis-Rat-biting fever, which is transmitted by the village-negative coil rod spirilline (also known as spiral minor), is more rare, and it is often found in Asia. In Japan, the disease is called sodoco. After contact with organisms the symptoms do not appear for two to four weeks, and the wound is entered through, it shows slow medical and marked swelling.
The alternate name of rat-biting fever’s streptobacillus form is known by haverhill fever and epidemic arthritis erythema. It is a serious disease due to streptobacillus moniliformis, which is either transmitted by the injection of rat bites or polluted products (Haverhill fever). Organisms can be cultivated in blood or special fluid. If 20% of cases are not cured due to fatal endocarditis, meningoencephalitis or septic shock, then this disease can be fatal. The treatment is with penicillin, tetracycline, or docs.cnline.
What are the characteristics of Rat-bite Fever?
Depending on the type of rat-biting fever, the symptoms are different for each person, with which the person is infected. Both spiral and streptococcal mice have some personal symptoms in fever, although most symptoms are shared. Streptobacillus is usually found in the United States and in patients of Africa, spiral rat-bite fever is usually diagnosed.
Skin problems like ulcers or swelling may develop on hands and feet. The wounds gradually get cured, so the symptoms may come and go during some months. The lymph nodes are the most common places of swelling in the neck, groin, and underarm. Symptoms usually appear within 2 to 10 days of exposure to the infected animal.
When the disease is due to S. moniliformis, cutting, which is usually well-cured, is followed 3 to 10 days later:
1. Fever and cold
3. Beating the skin (mostly on arms and legs)
5. Rheumatoid arthritis (especially in knees)
With the infection due to S Minus, the cutting site may be initially cured, but after 7 to 21 days, the following symptoms may come to the surface:
1. Fever and cold
3. Ulceration on cutting site with red streaks
4. Swelling of lymph nodes
6. Both forms of rat-biting fever can have frequent fever, sometimes for months or years.
What is the treatment of Rat-bite fever?
In order to treat rat-biting fever, the doctor will give penicillin ji injections or immorally for 7 to 10 days to your child. Alternative medicines include ampicillin, cefuroxime, and cefotaxime.
While staying away from the rodent can be clearly prevented, otherwise the hands and face should be washed after contact and any scratch of both cleanliness and antiseptics should be applied. The effect of chemoprophylaxis on the disease after the rodent bites or scratches is unknown. No vaccine is available for these diseases.
Better situations are the best preventive measures to reduce rodent contact with humans. Those who live in inner cities, where the risk of disease is threatened by rodent diseases due to susceptible and poor sanitation. Of all the reported cases, half of the children are under 12 years of age in these conditions.
Any animal cutting with soap and water should be thoroughly cleaned. With amoxicillin clavulanate from mouth may be helpful in preventing infection infections for 2 or 3 days. The need for a tetanus vaccine should be reviewed.
Rat-bite fever Medicine?
With immediate treatment, most of the children with rat bite fever completely cure. When proper treatment is provided for patients with rat-biting fever, then the forecast is positive. Without treatment, the infection usually solves itself, though it can take up to a year to do so. Before using antibiotics, in many cases died. If untreated, then streptobacillary rat-biting fever can transition into the heart layer, cover the spinal cord and the brain, or the lungs. Any tissue or organ in the entire body can develop a boil.