What is Electric Shock : Cause, Symptom, Cure

Electric Shock

What is Electric Shock?

Electric current is defined as the flow rate of the conductor’s negative charges. In other words, the continuous flow of electrons in an electric circuit is called an electric current. The operating material contains a large number of free electrons which are transmitted randomly from one atom to the other.

An electric current is the flow of electrical charge. In the electric circuit, this charge is often done by carrying electrons in the wire. It can also be taken in the electrolyte by ions or in ions and electrons such as ionized gas (plasma).

The SI unit ampere for measuring electric current, which is the flow of electrical charge on the surface at a rate of one kilo per second. The electric current is measured using a device named ammeter.

Electric currents cause joule heating, which makes light in incandescent light bulbs. They also make magnetic fields, which are used in motors, inductors and generators.

Charging particles running in the electric current are called chargers. In metals, one or more electrons from each atom are tied at least atoms, and can be transferred independently within the metal. These conduction electrons are the charging carriers in the metal conductor.

What is the reason for Electric Shock?

Children, adolescents, and adults have to face high voltage shock due to mis-exploration, interaction on work for man-made electrical goods. In the United States about 1,000 people die every year as a result of electrochemicals (death due to electric shock) compared to deaths due to electricity. Most of these deaths are related to job injuries.

Many variables determine if there are any injuries, if any. These variables include the current type (AC [alternative current] or DC [direct current]), the amount of current (determined by the voltage of the source and determined by the resistance of the tissue), and the electricity path through electricity.

Low voltage electricity (less than 500 volts) usually does not cause significant injury to humans. Exposure to high voltage electricity (more than 500 volts) has potential potential as a result of severe tissue damage. Severe electrical shock injuries usually have an entry and exit point on the body because one becomes part of the electrical circuit.

Children suffer from shock by low voltage (110-220 volts) found in normal household flows. In children aged 12 years and under, more than 63% of injuries occurred in a study in home appliances, electrical wires and extended wires. Wall Outlets were responsible for about 15% of injuries.

What are the signs of Electric Shock?

A person who has faced electric shock can have very little external evidence of injury or may have severe irritation. After electric shock or lightning strike some people may be in cardiac arrest.

1. Water sources are usually the most serious at the point of contact of the electricity source and the ground. Hand, high heel and head are common points of contact.

2. In addition to burning, if the person has been removed from the electrical source by injuring muscle contraction, other injuries are possible. The possibility of backbone injury should be considered. Individuals may have internal injuries, especially if they have to face breath, chest pain or stomach ache.

3. Damage to the arm or leg or a part of the body can indicate a possible broken bone, resulting in violent muscle contraction with electric shock.

4. In the children, the normal electric mouth lit by an electric chord cut appears to be burnt on the lips. There is a red or dark, colorful appearance in this area.

5. The affected persons should be checked for entry and exit marks to help determine the extent of electric shock (for example, burn on the right hand can mark the entry point of electric shock while others usually The less intense burning circuit on the elbow shows electricity – from the elbow to the arm).

Electric Shock

What is the treatment of Electric Shock?

For a high voltage shock, take care of the emergency department of the hospital. After low voltage shock, call the doctor for the following reasons:

1. It has been over 5 years since your last tetanus booster

2. Burning which are not properly cured

3. Burns with rising redness, pain, or drainage

4. No electric shock in a pregnant woman

In the emergency department, the primary concern of the doctor is to determine whether important invisible injury exists. Throwing from the muscles, heart, or brain, power or any other bone or other organs can be hurt.

The doctor can order different tests on the basis of history and physical examination. The test can not include any of the following or any of these:

1. ECG to check the heart

2. Full blood count

3. Blood or urine test for muscle enzymes or both (indicating significant muscle injury)

4. To see X-rays for fracture or disruption, both of which may be due to electrical pollution.

5. CT Scan


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.